Monday, August 23, 2010

a project well over due


I bet your wondering what happened with the craft room/office. All I can say is: Almost there!

We moved into our first home at the end of May 2010. Since then we have had little projects that we have wanted to get done around the house. One of the projects I have wanted to get done is to frost the glass on the pantry doors. This house has very little storage space and we had to buy a pantry. We love the doors--they are glass squares. Very pretty. Not very practical, unless you are Martha Stewart and everything matches and will line up just so.

Here I am, in the middle of August, just now getting to it. Follow me in picture as I finally get to frosting the doors.
pantry before glass is frosted--see I am no Martha! Things are not lined up perfectly!

close up of the pantry
making the template
picking the right size film--trying to get as many squares out of it as I can
After I mark where to cut, I used my scrapbook paper cutter to cut the sqares
Directions seem easy enough
remember before...
Oh no bubbles!!!!
Ta-da!
Side by side-with film and without film
Oops, need another roll of film. Didn't quite finish...
Looks great! Finished just in time for the housewarming party!
It took 2 days to finish only because I needed another 12x84 film (and not the 24x36 which I had at home but planned on returning). It was a hit at the party--everyone loved it and thought that the glass came like that! Little did they know, it was just crafty little me!

2 comments:

This Mommy Made It said...

So cute Sarah! I wondered how you did that, seems simple and it looked really good! Congrats!

Michelle R. Slape said...

That looks great! What a smart way to camoflauge clear glass doors.